This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Archavon the Stone Watcher in Vault of Archavon in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
To enter the Vault of Archavon, your faction must be in control of Wintergrasp.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with a series of abilities:
- As much as possible, stay more than 10-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from several abilities:
- Avoid the locations of Choking Clouds left behind by Crushing Leap.
- After 5-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing Attack Speed and damage dealt.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- There's nothing to pre-heal before, but keeping heal over time effects active on the tanks can be beneficial.
- Other things to watch for
- If mana and healing permit, you can help DPS the boss to beat the relatively short enrage timer.
Debuffs to Track
- Stomp (Stomp on 10-Player) causes the tanks to need additional healing.
- Rock Shards (Rock Shards on 10-Player) causes players to need additional moderate healing over time.
Vault of Archavon DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Vault of Archavon heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Vault of Archavon bosses.