This page covers a healer-focused strategy for XT-002 Deconstructor in Ulduar in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, player will be alternating between the two stages until XT is killed.
Stage One - New Toys
This stage begins the encounter and ends when XT reaches 75%, 50%, and 25% health.
- When targeted by Gravity Bomb, stay more than 12-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage dealt, and pulling other players to your location, when the effect expires.
- When affected by Searing Light, stay more than 8-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage dealt.
- After 30-seconds in this stage, and every 60-seconds after that, deals light damage over time to and reduces the movement speed of all players with Tympanic Tantrum.
Stage Two - Heart of the Deconstructor
This stage begins when XT reaches 75%, 50%, and 25% health and ends after about 20-seconds.
- XT is effectively incapacitated, and spawns the Heart of the Deconstructor nearby.
- Heart of the Deconstructor
- Damage dealt to the Heart is also dealt to XT.
- Takes greatly increased damage due to Exposed Heart.
- Heart of the Deconstructor
- Several lesser enemies spawn from the scrap piles at the corners of the room.
- XM-024 Pummeller
- XS-013 Scrapbot
- Susceptible to most Snare, Stun, and crowd control effects.
- Must be prevented from reaching XT. If within ~5-yards of XT, heals it with Scrap Repair.
- XE-321 Boombot
- Susceptible to most Snare effects.
- Upon death, deals light damage to all players and enemies within 10-yards with Boom.
Killing the Heart of the Deconstructor before XT dies activates hardmode.
- XT is healed to full heath and gains Heartbreak, increasing damage dealt and maximum health.
- Gravity Bomb, Searing Light, and Tympanic Tantrum continue to be used.
- Avoid the Void Zones left behind when Gravity Bomb expires from affected players.
- Every 20-seconds, spawns a Life Spark.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Tympanic Tantrum [occurs every 60-seconds in stage one]
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
- healing required is relatively low in between Tympanic Tantrums
- when possible, help deal damage to the Heart of the Deconstructor while it's active
Debuffs to Track
- Gravity Bomb causes players to need moderate healing.
- Searing Light causes players to need additional light healing over time.
Ulduar DBM Import Code for Healers - +