The Four Horsemen, Healer Guide
Updated 5 months, 1 week ago for patch 3.4.1 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for The Four Horsemen in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- This encounter revolves around players managing the different Mark stacks each boss applies. In general, 4-5 stacks of a Mark should be safe before needing to move on to a different boss.
- Each boss is generally tanked in its own corner of the room, ensuring the 55-yard range of Mark applications don't overlap.
- Shared Abilities
- After casting 100 Marks (~22-minutes), non-Mark abilities no longer have a cooldown and are used continuously.
- Baron Rivendare
- The tank will be dealing with extra damage and light damage over time from Unholy Shadow (Unholy Shadow on 10-Player).
- Applies Mark of Rivendare to all players within 55-yards every 13-seconds, dealing increasing damage with each stack.
- Thane Korth'azz
- Players should stay within 8-yards of each other to split the damage from Meteor.'
- Applies Mark of Korth'azz to all players within 55-yards every 13-seconds, dealing increasing damage with each stack.
- Lady Blaumeux
- Stationary, and if no players are within 45-yards, Unyielding Pain deals heavy damage to all players.
- Deals light damage to the closest player with Shadow Bolt.
- Avoid the locations of Void Zones, players inside take moderate damage over time from Consumption until moving out.
- Applies Mark of Blaumeux to all players within 45-yards every 13-seconds, dealing increasing damage with each stack.
- Sir Zeliek
- Stationary, and if no players are within 45-yards, Condemnation deals heavy damage to all players.
- Deals light damage to the closest player with Holy Bolt.
- Stay more than 10-yards away from other players to avoid chaining Holy Wrath as much as possible.
- Applies Mark of Zeliek to all players within 45-yards every 13-seconds, dealing increasing damage with each stack.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- on Meteor
- if several players are hit by Holy Wrath at once
- if Mark stacks get too high
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- There's nothing to pre-heal before, but damage is constant throughout the encounter so keeping heal over time effects active can be beneficial.
- Other things to watch for
- Most players will be out of range at any one time, healers will be responsible for their own groups.
Debuffs to Track
- Unholy Shadow (Unholy Shadow on 10-Player) causes tanks to need additional light healing over time.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on The Four Horsemen, Healer Guide