Thaddius, Healer Guide
Updated 5 months, 1 week ago for patch 3.4.1 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Thaddius in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will fight against Thaddius' minions before engaging him directly.
Stage One - Stalagg and Feugen
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Stalagg and Feugen are killed.
- Stalagg and Feugen are on the platforms to the left and right, near the front of the room. Stalagg on the left, Feugen on the right.
- Shared Abilities
- Every 20-seconds, Magnetic Pull teleports the current tanks to the opposite platform.
- Must be kept on their respecitive platforms, within range of the Tesla Coils at the back of each platform, to prevent Shock from dealing fatal damage to random players.
- Must be killed within 5-seconds of each other to avoid them being resurrected at full health.
- Greatly increases Attack Speed with Power Surge.
- Deals light damage over time to players on its platform with Static Field.
Stage Two - Thaddius
This stage begins after Stalagg and Feugen are killed, and ends when Thaddius is killed.
- After Stalagg and Feugen are killed, players must make a short jump to the back platform that Thaddius is on.
- Players who miss the jump will likely end up in Slime and can attempt to swim back to the front of the room to try again.
- Tanks should stay in melee range to avoid Ball Lightning being cast, which deals heavy damage.
- Every 30-seconds, Polarity Shift assigns Negative Charge or Positive Charge to all players.
- Players deal moderate damage over time to non-matching players within 13-yards with Negative Charge / Positive Charge.
- Players gain increased damage dealt for each matching player within 13-yards with Negative Charge / Positive Charge.
- Deals moderate damage to up to eight players (five on 10-Player) with Chain Lightning (Chain Lightning on 10-Player).
- After 6-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing movement speed and damage dealt.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- during stage two to deal with Chain Lightning (Chain Lightning on 10-Player)
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- There's nothing to pre-heal before, but damage on Feugen's platform during stage one and during stage two is very presistent. So, keeping heal over time effects active on players can be beneficial.
- Other things to watch for
- Keep players, especially tanks, near full health to ensure they survive in case several healers need to move during Polarity Shift.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Thaddius, Healer Guide