Sapphiron, Healer Guide
Updated 5 months, 1 week ago for patch 3.4.1 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Sapphiron in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Has slightly more resistance to Frost spells.
- Deals light damage over time to all players for the duration of the encounter with Frost Aura.
- After 15-minutes, this increased to heavy damage over time, acting as an enrage effect.
- Alternates between being on the ground and in the air.
- While on the ground:
- Stays on the ground for 45-seconds at a time.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Don't stand behind to avoid Tail Sweep.
- Dispel Life Drain (Life Drain on 10-Player) (curse) immediately to limit the healing on Sapphiron.
- Avoid the locations of Chill ice patches that slowly move around the room.
- While in the air:
- Stays in the air for about 30-seconds at a time.
- Targets three players (two on 10-Player) with Icebolt, freezing them in a large block of ice and dealing moderate damage to any players within 10-yards of the impact.
- During Frost Breath, players must break line of sight on the impact location in the center of the room using the Icebolt ice blocks to avoid the fatal damage.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- to deal with the persistent damage over time from [!WcDb? &name=`Frost Aura` &id=`55799` &type=`spell`]]
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- There's nothing to pre-heal before, but due to the persistent damage over time throughout the encounter, keeping heal over time effects active can be beneficial.
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Life Drain (Life Drain on 10-Player) (dispel, curse) should be dispelled immediately.
- Icebolt may cause players to need additional healing as they cannot move or use abilities.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Sapphiron, Healer Guide