Noth the Plaguebringer, Healer Guide
Updated 5 months, 1 week ago for patch 3.4.1 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Noth the Plaguebringer in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players alternate between fighting Noth directly and fighting his minions on a timer.
Stage One - The Plaguebringer
- Each time this stage begins, it ends based on new timer.
- When the encounter begins, it lasts 100-seconds.
- The second time it lasts 120-seconds.
- The third time it lasts indefinitely., until Noth is killed.
- On 25-Player, the tanks will be dealing with Blink, which resets threat and applies Cripple (dispel, magic) to all players within 20-yards of where he Blinked from.
- Dispel Curse of the Plaguebringer (Curse of the Plaguebringer on 10-Player) (curse) before it expires to prevent Wrath of the Plaguebringer from being applied to all players.
- Every 30-seconds, summons three (two on 10-Player) Plagued Warriors from the bone piles around the room.
- Plagued Warrior
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Plagued Warrior
Stage Two - Plague Minions
- To begin the stage, Noth teleports to one of the balconies, staying out of range of players.
- Each time this stage begins, it ends based on a new timer.
- The first time it lasts 60-seconds.
- The second time it lasts 80-seconds.
- This stage consists of waves of two types of enemies, noted below.
- Plagued Champion
- The tanks will be dealing with Mortal Strike, reducing healing received.
- When possible, stay more than 25-yards to avoid Shadow Shock.
- Plagued Guardian
- When possible, stay more than 30-yards away to avoid Arcane Explosion.
- Plagued Champion
- The first time players enter this stage:
- Two waves of four (two on 10-Player) Plagued Champions spawn.
- The second time players enter this stage:
- Two waves of four (one on 10-Player) Plagued Champions and two Plagued Guardians spawn.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- during stage two to deal with Shadow Shock and Arcane Explosion
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- stage two begins, especially on melee players and tanks
- Other things to watch for
- Melee players are most likely to be the ones taking extra damage during stage two.
Debuffs to Track
- Curse of the Plaguebringer (Curse of the Plaguebringer on 10-Player) (curse) must be dispelled quickly.
- Cripple (dispel, magic) should be dispelled quickly to remove the reduced Strength and Attack Speed effect, likely starting with Strength tanks, and then Strength DPS.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Noth the Plaguebringer, Healer Guide