This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Maexxna in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Don't stand in front to avoid Poison Shock.
- Dispel Necrotic Poison (Necrotic Poison on 10-Player) (poison) quickly to remove the reduced healing received effect.
- Targets two random players (one on 10-player) with Web Wrap (Web Wrap on 10-Player), knocking them backwards to the wall and dealing light damage over time until the Web Wrap is killed.
- Every 40-seconds, deals moderate damage to all players and Stuns them with Web Spray (Web Spray on 10-Player).
- Every 40-seconds, ~10-seconds before each Web Spray (Web Spray on 10-Player), spawns about ten Maexnna Spiderlings, which attempt to attack random players.
- At 30% health, goes into a Frenzy, gaining greatly increased Attack Speed and Physical damage dealt.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Necrotic Poison (Necrotic Poison on 10-Player) (poison) should be dispelled immediately.
- Web Wrap (Web Wrap on 10-Player) causes players to need light healing over time.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.