This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Loatheb in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Every 20-seconds, applies Necrotic Aura to all players, making them unable to be healed.
- This effect lasts for 17-seconds, meaning there will be 3-second windows during which players can be healed in between.
- Every 30-seconds, applies Deathbloom (Deathbloom on 10-Player) to all players, dealing light damage over time and moderate damage when the effect expires.
- Beginning 90-seconds (120-seconds on 10-Player) after the encounter starts, applies Inevitable Doom (Inevitable Doom on 10-Player) to all players every 30-seconds, dealing moderate damage when the effect expires.
- Beginning 5-minutes after the encounter starts, the frequency increases to every 15-seconds.
- Every 20-seconds, a Spore spawns randomly in the room.
- Upon death, up to five players within 10-yards gain Fungal Bloom, greatly increasing Critical Strike chance and causing no threat to be generated.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- inbetween Necrotic Aura applications
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Necrotic Aura expires, so the heal over time effects heal through the 3-second window it's not active
- Other things to watch for
- Power Word: Shield will not absorb the damage over time from Deathbloom (Deathbloom on 10-Player), nor the damage from Inevitable Doom (Inevitable Doom on 10-Player).
Debuffs to Track
- Necrotic Aura to know when players can't be healed.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Loatheb, Healer Guide