Instructor Razuvious, Healer Guide
Updated 5 months, 1 week ago for patch 3.4.1 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Instructor Razuvious in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by four (two on 10-Player) Deathknight Understudies.
- Deathknight Understudy
- On 25-Player: Must be Mind Controlled by a Priest to tank Instructor Razuvious.
- On 10-Player: Must be mind controlled using the two Orbs of Domination near the ramp to tank Instructor Razuvious.
- Abilities while mind controlled, their hotkey number noted in parenthesis:
- Blood Strike (4) - Deals damage to the targeted enemy.
- Taunt (5) - Forces the targeted enemy to attack the Understudy.
- Bone Barrier (6) - Reduces damage taken by the Understudy.
- When Instructor Razuvious dies, Hopeless greatly increases damage taken.
- Deathknight Understudy
- The tanks (Understudies) will be dealing with the extra damage and reduced Defense effect from Unbalancing Strike.
- Deals moderate damage and then light damage over time to random players with Jagged Knife.
- Deals moderate damage to all players with Disrupting Shout.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- to keep Deathknight Understudies alive
- to recover from damage from Disrupting Shout and Jagged Knife
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- There's nothing to pre-heal before, but damage is rather persistent, so keeping heal over time effects active on Understudies and players affected by Jagged Knife can be beneficial.
- Other things to watch for
- Mind controlled Deathknight Understudies can be healed, and will be taking the brunt of the damage during the encounter.
Debuffs to Track
- Jagged Knife causes players to need additional light healing over time.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Instructor Razuvious, Healer Guide