This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Noth the Plaguebringer in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be alternating between the two stages on a set timer.
Stage One - Eyes on Heigan
This stage lasts for 90-seconds.
- Stay more than 30-yards away (usually standing on the raised platform Heigan started on) to avoid the greatly reduced cast speed effect from Spell Disruption.
- Dispel Decrepit Fever (Decrepit Fever on 10-Player) (disease) quickly, starting with the tanks, to remove the reduced maximum health and moderate damage over time effect.
- For the duration of this stage, players not on the raised platform will need to avoid Eruption locations.
- The room is divided into four quadrants, with quadrant one by the entrance players came in and quadrant four by the doorway opposite the entrance.
- Eruptions occur every 10-seconds in three of the four quandrants.
- The safe quadrants always follow the same pattern: 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, repeat.
Stage Two - The Unclean
This stage lasts for 45-seconds.
- Heigan teleports to the raised platform and does not move.
- Stay more than 21-yards away (the entire area of the raised platform) to avoid Plague Cloud.
- For the duration of this stage, Eruptions now occur one right after the other, forcing players to constantly move.
- The safe quadrants follow the same pattern as stage one: 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, repeat.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
- When possible, keep players near full health so they have a chance to survive being hit by Eruption if they make a mistake.
Debuffs to Track
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.