This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gothik the Harvester in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players fight against Gothik's minions in separate groups before engaging him directly.
Stage One - Divided Efforts
This stage begins the encounter and ends after about 4.5-minutes.
- The room is divided into two sides. The side you first enter is called the Living Side, the other side is called the Undead Side.
- When Gothik is engaged, the gate between the two sides closes and Gothik teleports to his balcony, out of reach of players.
- Enemies spawn in waves, first on the Living Side, then when killed, spawn a similar enemy on the Undead Side.
- Living Side
- Enemies are susceptible to most forms of crowd control, slows, and snares, except where noted.
- Unrelenting Trainee
- Unrelenting Deathknight
- Stay more than 8-yards away to avoid Shadow Mark.
- Unrelenting Rider
- Undead Side
- Enemies are generally not susceptible to crowd control. Only non-elite enemies are susceptible to Shackle Undead.
- Spectral Trainee
- When possible, stay more than 20-yards away to avoid Arcane Explosion.
- Spectral Deathknight
- Stay more than 5-yards away to avoid Whirlwind.
- Spectral Rider
- Spectral Horse
- Don't stand in front to avoid Stomp.
Stage Two - The Harvester
This stage begins after 4.5-minutes in stage one and ends when Gothik is killed.
- Any enemies leftover from stage one will need to be dealt with, either by crowd controlling or killing them.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns as-needed
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Unrelenting Riders/Spectral Riders or Spectral Trainees are active
- Other things to watch for
- Tanks and melee players are likely to be taking most of the damage throughout the encounter.
- As mana and healing permit, help DPS Gothik during stage two to help end the encounter faster before Harvest Soul stacks get too high.
Debuffs to Track
- Death Plague (Death Plague on 10-Player) (dispel, disease) should be dispelled when possible.
- Shadow Mark can cause players to need additional healing.
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.