This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gluth in Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Mortal Wound, reducing healing received.
- Stay more than 20-yards away to avoid Terrifying Roar.
- Soothe Frenzy to remove the increased Attack Speed and damage dealt effect. This occurs every 20-seconds.
- Two Zombie Chow (one on 10-Player) spawn from each of the three large grates in the room every 10-seconds.
- Zombie Chow
- Susceptible to most forms of crowd control, including stuns, slows, and knock backs.
- Apply a stack of Infected Wound with each melee attack, increasing Physical damage taken.
- Must be kept more than 10-yards away from Gluth to prevent the healing from Zombie Chow Search.
- Zombie Chow
- Every 90-seconds (120-seconds on 10-Player), Decimate:
- Reduces the current health of all players and Zombie Chow to 5%.
- Forces all Zombie Chow to move towards Gluth.
- This is the ideal time to kill Zombie Chows.
- After four Decimates, or about 8-minutes (6-minutes on 10-Player), Enrages, increasing Attack Speed and Physical damage dealt.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
Debuffs to Track
- Mortal Wound reduces healing received by the affected tank.
- (Optional) Infected Wound can cause players to need additional healing, but ideally it will be avoided all together.
Enrages to Soothe
Naxxramas DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on the Naxxramas heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Naxxramas bosses.
Comment on Gluth, Healer Guide