This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Malygos in the Eye of Eternity in Wrath of the Lich King. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- After 10-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing Attack Speed and damage dealt.
Stage One - Malygos
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Malygos reaches 50% health.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Arcane Breath. Players hit take heavy damage and then deal moderate damage to players within 10-yards.
- During Vortex:
- All players are tossed through the air, taking moderate damage over time.
- When the effect ends, all players will take fall damage.
- Spawns a Power Spark about every 45-seconds from a randomly positioned portal off the edge of the platform.
- Deals light damage to random players with Arcane Storm.
Stage Two - The Scions
This stage begins when Malygos reaches 50% health and ends when all lesser enemies are killed.
- Players not riding Hover Disks (detailed below) should stand inside Arcane Overload domes to reduce magic damage taken.
- The domes get smaller as they prevent damage, so be prepared to move to a new one.
- Nexus Lord
- Scion of Eternity
- Stays airborne and do not need to be tanked.
- Deals moderate damage to random players with Arcane Barrage.
- Upon death, its Hover Disk drops to the ground, which players can interact with to be able to fly.
Stage Three - Red Dragonflight
This stage begins when all lesser enemies are killed in stage two and ends when Malygos is killed.
- To begin this stage, the main platform shatters and all players are caught by Wyrmrest Skytalons.
- Wyrmrest Skytalon
- Acts as a vehicle, replacing player's normal abilities and hotbars with the Vehicle Hotbar.
- Flame Spike - Deals light damage to the targeted enemy, generating a combo point.
- Engulf in Flame - Applies a stacking damage over time effect to the targeted enemy, its duration increasing per combo point spent.
- Revivify - Applies a stacking healing over time effect to the targeted friendly Skytalon, generating a combo point.
- Life Burst - Heals all friendly Skytalons within 60-yards for an increasing amount based on combo points spent.
- Flame Shield - Greatly reduces damage taken, its duration increasing per combo point spent.
- Blazing Speed - Greatly increases movement speed.
- If you're focusing on healing, you should cast Revivify on yourself (or another Skytalon) five times, then use Life Burst.
- Be prepared to use Flame Shield if you're targeted by Surge of Power, detailed below.
- Wyrmrest Skytalon
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
Eye of Eternity DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Wrath of the Lich King header in the left-hand panel, click on The Eye of Eternity heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for The Eye of Eternity.
Comment on Malygos, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
October 05, 2022 - 2:26 am (Malygos) - Added correct DBM import code.