This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Halazzi in Zul'Aman in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- After 10-minutes, Enrages, greatly increasing damage dealt.
Stage One - Bow to da Fang and Claw!
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Halazzi reaches 75%, 50%, and 25% health. It begins again when a Spirit reaches 20% health in stage two.
- The tanks will be dealing with splitting the damage from Saber Lash.
- Frenzy should be removed with Tranquilizing Shot.
Stage Two - Untamed Spirit!
This stage begins when Halazzi reaches 75% and 50% health and ends when a Spirit reaches 20% health.
- Splits into a Troll and Lynx spirit with Transfigure, dealing moderate damage to all players.
- Troll Spirit
- Dispel Flame Shock (magic) to remove the light damage over time effect.
- Periodically spawns a Corrupted Lightning Totem.
- Corrupted Lightning Totem
- Deals light damage to random players with Lightning, chaining to players within 5-yards of the targeted player.
- Corrupted Lightning Totem
- Deals moderate damage to and silences random players with Earth Shock.
- Lynx Spirit
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Shred Armor, greatly reducing armor.
- Lynx Flurry should be removed with Tranquilizing Shot.
Stage Three: Me Gonna Carve Ya Now!
This stage begins when Halazzi reaches 25% health and ends when he's killed.
- All abilities from stage one and two are used.
- Gains a buff, increasing physical damage dealt. (I will add the spell name and ID once logs are available)
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- As-needed to keep the tanks alive or deal with damage from Lightning
- Other things to watch for
- Both tanks will be taking damage at the same time throughout the encounter.
Debuffs to Track
- Shred Armor can cause the tanks to tank increased damage.
- Flame Shock (dispel, magic) can be dispelled immediately.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Halazzi in Zul'Aman. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 28, 2022 - 4:20 pm (Hex Lord Malacrass) - Updated lesser enemy information.
March 22, 2022 - 5:28 pm (Zul'jin) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:25 pm (Hex Lord Malacrass) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:22 pm (Halazzi) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:19 pm (Jan'alai) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:15 pm (Nalorakk) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:12 pm (Akil'zon) - Added DBM settings.
March 09, 2022 - 9:05 pm (Akil'zon) - Corrected information based on the TBC encounter instead of the Cataclysm encounter.
Comment on Halazzi, Healer Guide