This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Akil'zon in Zul'Aman in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Call Lightning.
- Stay more than 12-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from Static Disruption.
- During Electrical Storm, stand underneath the storm cloud to avoid the increasing moderate to heavy damage over time.
- Targets random players with Gust of Wind, throwing them into the air and causing moderate fall damage.
- Spawns many Soaring Eagles throughout the encounter.
- Soaring Eagle
- Deals light damage to random players with Eagle Swoop.
- Soaring Eagle
- After 8-minutes, Enrages, greatly increasing damage dealt.
- All players should use as must Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- Other things to watch for
- Damage can increase throughout the encounter as more Soaring Eagles spawn.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Akil'zon in Zul'Aman. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Akil'zon, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 28, 2022 - 4:20 pm (Hex Lord Malacrass) - Updated lesser enemy information.
March 22, 2022 - 5:28 pm (Zul'jin) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:25 pm (Hex Lord Malacrass) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:22 pm (Halazzi) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:19 pm (Jan'alai) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:15 pm (Nalorakk) - Added DBM settings.
March 22, 2022 - 5:12 pm (Akil'zon) - Added DBM settings.
March 09, 2022 - 9:05 pm (Akil'zon) - Corrected information based on the TBC encounter instead of the Cataclysm encounter.