This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Kaz'rogal in The Battle for Mount Hyjal in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Don't stand in front to avoid Malevolent Cleave.
- The tanks will be splitting the damage this deals.
- Stay more than 15-yards away to avoid War Stomp. Melee and tanks will be stunned by this.
- Targets random players with Cripple, greatly reducing movement speed, attack speed, and strength.
- When affected by Mark of Kaz'rogal, move more than 15-yards away from other players if the mana drain effect from it will reduce you to 0% mana.
- Healers: ~200 Shadow Resistance
- All other players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to keep the tanks alive
- Other things to watch for
- Be sure to keep all the tanks near full health to ensure they survive Malevolent Cleave.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Kaz'rogal in The Battle for Mount Hyjal. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.