This page covers a healer-focused strategy for High Astromancer Solarian in Tempest Keep/The Eye in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter players will be alternating between stage one and stage two, until eventually reaching stage three.
This stage begins the encounter and ends after ~50-seconds, beginning again after ~15-seconds in stage two. It ends for the final time when Solarian reaches 20% health.
- When affected by Wrath of the Astromancer, move more than 8-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage dealt.
- Deals moderate damage to random players with Arcane Missiles.
- Deals moderate damage to all players with Blinding Light.
This stage begins after ~50-seconds in stage one or stage three, and ends after about ~15-seconds.
- Solarian disappears and several Solarium Agents and two Solarium Priests are spawned.
- Solarium Agent
- Deals moderate damage to tanks with melee attacks.
- Solarium Priest
- Solarium Agent
This stage begins when Solarian reaches 20% health and ends once she's killed. You'll continue to alternate between this stage and stage two every ~50-seconds.
- Solarian transforms into a large void walker, gaining new abilities in addition to her stage one abilities.
- The tanks will be dealing with Void Bolt.
- Stay more than 8-yards away to avoid Psychic Scream.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed on Blinding Light, especially in stage three
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
- Try to conserve mana as much as possible, especially during stage two, as the healing requirements during stage one and three will be heavy.
Debuffs to Track
- Arcane Torrent (dispel, magic) should me immediately dispelled from healers and caster DPS to remove the silence effect.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for High Astromancer Solarian in Tempest Keep/The Eye. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on High Astromancer Solarian, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
August 01, 2021 - 2:23 pm (High Astromancer Solarian) - Added spells that were missing spell IDs.