This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Morogrim Tidewalker in Serpentshrine Cavern in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Don't stand in front to avoid Tidal Wave.
- Targets up to four random players with Watery Grave, moving them to one of the waterfalls while dealing light damage over time and then moderate damage with Watery Grave Explosion.
- Deals light damage to all players with Earthquake.
- At 25% health, begins summoning Water Globules from the waterfalls.
- Water Globule
- Fixate on a random player.
- If the fixated player is hit, they take moderate damage and are stunned by Freeze (dispel, magic).
- Water Globule
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- on Earthquake
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Dispel Freeze (magic) immediately to remove the stun effect.
- Watery Grave causes players to need additional healing.
- This spell appears to use a different spell ID for each player affected, in case you track debuffs by spell ID instead of name: 37850, 37852, 38023, 38025.
- Carnivorous Bite causes player to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Morogrim Tidewalker in Serpentshrine Cavern. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.