This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Terestian Illhoof in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Terestian Illhoof
- The tanks will be dealing with Shadow Bolt.
- Sacrifices a random player, stunning them and placing them in Demon Chains while dealing heavy damage over time and healing Illhoof.
- The Demon Chains are a targetable entity and must be killed to free the affected player.
- Periodically opens a Fiendish Portal, spawning several Fiendish Imps.
- Fiendish Imp
- Targets random players with Firebolt, dealing light damage.
- Fiendish Imp
- After 10-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing damage dealt.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to keep the Sacrificed player alive
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Sacrifice causes players to need additional heavy healing over time.
- Amplify Flames can cause players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Terestian Illhoof in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Terestian Illhoof, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 12, 2021 - 12:59 am (Terestian Illhoof) - Fixed DBM settings to be for Illhoof.
June 04, 2021 - 4:18 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Updated Charge spell ID.
June 04, 2021 - 4:06 pm (Shade of Aran) - Updated Arcane Missiles and Counterspell spell IDs, added Dragon's Breath.
May 19, 2021 - 5:29 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Added DBM settings.