This page covers a healer-focused strategy for the Opera Event in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
The Opera Event will consist of one of the following encounters.
The Big Bad Wolf
- Don't stand in front to avoid Wide Swipe.
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Terrifying Howl (dispel, magic).
- This should be dispelled from the tanks quickly.
- When targeted by Red Riding Hood, run away from The Big Bad Wolf.
Wizard of Oz
Each boss joins the encounter over time, and should generally be killed in the order in which they appear (as listed below).
- Silences random players with Annoying Yipping.
- The Crone
Romulo and Julianne
Stage One - Julianne
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Julianne is killed.
- Several abilities can be interrupted, and should be interrupted in order of importance as they're listed below.
- Purge Devotion to remove the increased holy damage and casting speed effect.
Stage Two - Romulo
This stage begins after Julianne is killed and ends when Romulo is killed.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Deadly Swathe.
- Dispel Poisoned Thrust (poison) to remove the decreased stat effect.
- Purge Daring to remove the increased physical damage dealt and attack speed effect.
- Targets random players behind him with Backward Lunge, dealing light damage and knocking back.
Stage Three - Julianne and Romulo
This stage begins after Romulo is killed, and ends when both Julianne and Romulo are killed for the final time.
- Both bosses are resurrected by Undying Love.
- Both bosses must be killed within 10-seconds of each other to avoid being resurrected again.
- Each boss continues using the same abilities as in stage one and stage two.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- The Big Bad Wolf: as-needed on the player affected by Red Riding Hood
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- The Big Bad Wolf
- The Wizard of Oz
- Romulo and Julianne
- Blinding Passion causes players to need additional healing over time.
Buffs to Purge
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for the Opera Event in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Opera Event, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 12, 2021 - 12:59 am (Terestian Illhoof) - Fixed DBM settings to be for Illhoof.
June 04, 2021 - 4:18 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Updated Charge spell ID.
June 04, 2021 - 4:06 pm (Shade of Aran) - Updated Arcane Missiles and Counterspell spell IDs, added Dragon's Breath.
May 19, 2021 - 5:29 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Added DBM settings.