This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Netherspite in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be alternating between two stages.
- Don't stand in front when Netherspite turns to cast Netherbreath.
- Avoid the locations of Void Zones.
- Deals light damage over time to all players for the duration of the encounter with Nether Burn.
- After 9-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing damage dealt.
Stage One - Portals
This stage begins the encounter and ends after 1-minute. It begins again after 30-seconds in stage two.
- Deals greatly increased damage while Empowerment is active.
- Three portals spawn at the back of the room, one of each type noted below, and emit a beam towards the boss. The beam must be intercepted by players to prevent the boss from gaining helpful effects.
- Red Portal (Perserverence)
- Should be intercepted by a tank.
- Netherspite gains stacks of Nether Portal - Perseverence, reducing damage taken.
- Players gain stacks of Nether Portal - Perseverence, reducing damage taken, increasing defense and maximum health, and healing over time. This also slowly reduces maximum health over time.
- Green Portal (Serenity)
- Blue Portal (Dominance)
- Red Portal (Perserverence)
- After leaving a beam, players receive a debuff that prevents them from intercepting the same color beam for 1.5-minutes.
Stage Two - Banished
This stage begins after 1-minute in stage one and ends after 30-seconds. It begins again after 1-minute in stage one.
- Netherspite is rooted in place, but still melee attacks and is susceptible to damage.
- Netherbreath occurs more frequently.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed during stage one to counteract Nether Burn
- Other things to watch for
- Be prepared to rotate in and out of the Green Portal (Serenity) beam with the other healers to manage the reduced maximum mana effect.
- The tanks are unlikely to need much healing due to Nether Portal - Perseverence.
Debuffs to Track
- Several buffs should be tracked to help identify which players are currently intercepting portal beams.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Netherspite in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Netherspite, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 12, 2021 - 12:59 am (Terestian Illhoof) - Fixed DBM settings to be for Illhoof.
June 04, 2021 - 4:18 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Updated Charge spell ID.
June 04, 2021 - 4:06 pm (Shade of Aran) - Updated Arcane Missiles and Counterspell spell IDs, added Dragon's Breath.
May 19, 2021 - 5:29 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Added DBM settings.