This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Moroes in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by four additional adds, selected randomly from the below.
- All guests are susceptible to crowd control effects, and in most cases most of them should be crowd controlled and killed in an organized manner in the order they're listed below.
- Baroness Dorothea Millstipe
- Lady Catriona Von'Indi
- Interrupt Greater Heal to prevent the healing.
- Purge Power Word: Shield to remove the damage absorption effect.
- Targets random players with Holy Fire (dispel, magic), dealing moderate damage and then light damage over time.
- Dispels and purges buffs and debuffs on players and enemies with Dispel Magic.
- Lady Keira Berrybuck
- Baron Rafe Dreuger
- Lord Robin Daris
- Lord Crispin Ference
- The tanks will be dealing with the incapacitating effect from Gouge, leading to a temporary threat drop.
- Dispel Blind (poison) to remove the incapacitating effect.
- Vanishes before applying Garrote to a random player, dealing moderate damage over a very long time.
- Periodically goes Berserk, increasing attack speed while dealing light damage to all players.
- At 30% health, Enrages, increasing damage dealt.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed as the number of Garrotes grows
- Other things to watch for
- Mana management is key during this encounter as it can be long on top of requiring persistent healing and dispels.
Debuffs to Track
- Mortal Strike causes the tanks to need additional healing.
Garrote causes players to need additional healing over a very long time.
- Gouge incapacitates the affected tank.
- Several effects should be dispelled immediately.
- Mind Flay causes players to need additional light healing.
- Several abilities should be dispelled as soon as possible.
Buffs to Purge
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Moroes in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Moroes, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 12, 2021 - 12:59 am (Terestian Illhoof) - Fixed DBM settings to be for Illhoof.
June 04, 2021 - 4:18 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Updated Charge spell ID.
June 04, 2021 - 4:06 pm (Shade of Aran) - Updated Arcane Missiles and Counterspell spell IDs, added Dragon's Breath.
May 19, 2021 - 5:29 pm (Attumen the Huntsman) - Added DBM settings.