This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Mother Shahraz in the Black Temple in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Saber Lash.
- When affected by Fatal Attraction, run 25-yards away from the other two linked players to break the effect while staying more than 15-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage.
- If possible, stay more than 18-yards away to avoid Silencing Shriek.
- Every ~30-seconds, a Beam is fired at a player. Every Beam can chain up to 10 other players.
- All players should use as much Shadow Resistance as possible, up to the maximum of 365.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to deal with Fatal Attraction or Beams
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Fatal Attraction causes players to need additional healing.
- Vile Beam causes players to need healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Mother Shahraz in the Black Temple. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Mother Shahraz, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 23, 2022 - 10:20 pm (Supremus) - Updated Fixate spell ID.