This page covers a healer-focused strategy for High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Horseshoe Swipe and Double Attack.
- Stay more than 6-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from Needle Spine and Needle Spine Explosion.
- During Tidal Shield, Naj'entus is immune to damage and debuff effects and slowly heals while the shield is active.
- Targets random players with Impaling Spine, stunning them and dealing moderate damage over time.
- After 8-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing damage dealt.
- All players should use as must Frost Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- before breaking the Tidal Shield to get players near full health
- Other things to watch for
- Depending on how far players spread out, some may be out of range or line of sight. Ensure all players have at least some healers that can reach them.
Debuffs to Track
- Impaling Spine causes players to be incapacitated and need moderate healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on High Warlord Naj'entus, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 23, 2022 - 10:20 pm (Supremus) - Updated Fixate spell ID.