This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Lords of Dread in Sepulcher of the First Ones in Shadowlands. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- When a boss dies, Rampaging Swarm deals increasing moderate to heavy damage over time to all players until the other boss is killed.
- The tanks will be dealing with Leeching Claws, which applies Open Veins.
- When affected by Cloud of Carrion, move within 10-yards of a player affected by Fearful Trepidation to have the effect removed.
- Manifest Shadows spawns an Inchoate Shadow.
- At 100% Energy, Unto Darkness transforms both bosses into swarms.
- Mal'Ganis: Swarm of Decay
- Deals moderate damage over time to all players.
- Greatly increases Mal'Ganis' area of effect damage taken.
- Kin'tessa: Swarm of Darkness
- Deals moderate damage over time to all players
- Greatly increases Kin'tessa's area of effect damage taken.
- On Heroic, gains a stack of Decay Mastery, increasing damage dealt and the number of Cloud of Carrion.
- Mal'Ganis: Swarm of Decay
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Anguishing Strike.
- When affected by Fearful Trepidation, move more than 10-yards away from other players while allowing players affected by Cloud of Carrion to stand near you.
- Avoid the Slumber Clouds that move around the area.
- Players hit are put to sleep by Unsettling Dreams (dispel, magic).
- At 100% Energy, Infiltration of Dread causes both bosses to infiltrate player's minds.
- All players are affected by Paranoia, becoming hostile to each other.
- Infiltrated players have a faint dreadlord silhouette above them, which players with Moment of Clarity can see.
- The players with Moment of Clarity must communicate to other players who the infiltrators are so they can be killed, or kill the infiltrators themselves.
- Failing to end the infiltration within 40-seconds triggers Shatter Mind, temporarily stunning all players and dealing stacking light damage over time for the rest of the encounter.
- On Heroic, gains a stack of Shadow Mastery, increasing damage dealt and the size of Slumber Clouds.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Unto Darkness [occurs about every 2-minutes]
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Spiritual Clarity use
- Other things to watch for
- Healing required will increase the longer the encounter goes on. Conserving mana early on may be necessary.
Debuffs to Track
- Several abilities can be dispelled immediately.
- Open Veins causes players to take reduced healing.
- Cloud of Carrion causes players to need light to moderate healing over time.
- Anguishing Strike causes players to need light to moderate healing over time.
Sepulcher of the First Ones DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Shadowlands header in the left-hand panel, click on the Sepulcher of the First Ones heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Sepulcher of the First One bosses.
Infiltration of Dread (Among Us) Helper
The Aeon Remnants - Among Us Helper WeakAura allows players to target another player and "vote" for them, denoting them as the infiltrator and displaying vote totals to other players with the WeakAura. This can make the Infiltration of Dread much easier to deal with, especially if no voice chat is available.
Comment on Lords of Dread, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 01, 2022 - 4:59 pm (Halondrus) - Updated Volatile Charge information based on hotfixes.
June 01, 2022 - 4:57 pm (Prototype Pantheon) - Updated Animastorm information based on hotfixes.
June 01, 2022 - 4:42 pm (Lihuvim) - Updated Acquisitions Automa information based on hotfoxes.
April 01, 2022 - 3:58 pm (The Jailer) - Made clarifications to Heroic differences.
April 01, 2022 - 2:43 pm (Rygelon) - Corrected Cosmic Core information on Heroic.
March 31, 2022 - 3:44 am (Lords of Dread) - Updated timeframe to end Infiltration to 40-seconds, based on a recent hotfix.
March 31, 2022 - 3:43 am (Halondrus) - Updated Volatile Charge information based on recent hotfixes.
March 30, 2022 - 2:05 pm (Dausegne) - Corrected Staggering Barrage spell ID.
March 30, 2022 - 1:21 pm (Artificer Xy'mox) - Corrected and clarified Genesis Ring information.
March 28, 2022 - 12:41 pm (Dausegne) - Updated Staggering Barrage spell ID.