This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle in Sepulcher of the First Ones in Shadowlands. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Infused Strikes, dealing increasing light to moderate damage over time.
- During Staggering Barrage, stand between Dausegne and the targeted player to split the damage dealt. Players hit are pushed back.
- During Disintegration Halo, passing through a ring greatly increases damage taken from subsequent rings for 5-seconds, meaning players must navigate the rings carefully.
- Spawns Domination Cores throughout the encounter.
- At 0% mana, begins channeling Inevitable Dominion on a Reservoir of the First Ones.
- This deals moderate damage over time to all players while making Encroaching Dominion pools larger.
- Gains a damage absorption shield from Siphoned Barrier.
- If the Siphoned Barrier effect is depleted before Inevitable Dominion finishes, Collapsed Barrier deals damage over time to Dausegne.
- If there are no Reservoirs of the First Ones left, Total Dominion deals heavy damage over time to all players while continually triggering Disintegration Halo.
- Avoid the expanding path of Obliteration Arc when it turns to cast it.
- During Disintegration Halo, passing through a ring now also deals heavy damage to all other players within 1-yard.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Inevitable Dominion [occurs about every 90-seconds]
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Spiritual Clarity use
- after Inevitable Dominion
- Other things to watch for
- I'll add notes here as-needed.
Debuffs to Track
- Infused Strikes causes the tanks to need moderate healing over time, and all players to need light to moderate healing when it expires.
- Staggering Barrage causes the affected player, and players splitting the effect, to need additional healing.
- (Optional) Disintegration Halo causes players to need light healing over time, however, most players will be affected by this at once, so it may clutter raid frames.
Sepulcher of the First Ones DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand the Shadowlands header in the left-hand panel, click on the Sepulcher of the First Ones heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Sepulcher of the First One bosses.
Comment on Dausegne, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
June 01, 2022 - 4:59 pm (Halondrus) - Updated Volatile Charge information based on hotfixes.
June 01, 2022 - 4:57 pm (Prototype Pantheon) - Updated Animastorm information based on hotfixes.
June 01, 2022 - 4:42 pm (Lihuvim) - Updated Acquisitions Automa information based on hotfoxes.
April 01, 2022 - 3:58 pm (The Jailer) - Made clarifications to Heroic differences.
April 01, 2022 - 2:43 pm (Rygelon) - Corrected Cosmic Core information on Heroic.
March 31, 2022 - 3:44 am (Lords of Dread) - Updated timeframe to end Infiltration to 40-seconds, based on a recent hotfix.
March 31, 2022 - 3:43 am (Halondrus) - Updated Volatile Charge information based on recent hotfixes.
March 30, 2022 - 2:05 pm (Dausegne) - Corrected Staggering Barrage spell ID.
March 30, 2022 - 1:21 pm (Artificer Xy'mox) - Corrected and clarified Genesis Ring information.
March 28, 2022 - 12:41 pm (Dausegne) - Updated Staggering Barrage spell ID.