This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Nythendra in The Emerald Nightmare. While it's tailored for dps, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @SquidWonder.
This guide will be updated as needed.
Normal and Heroic
The information below pertains to Normal and Heroic difficulty. There are very few differences between Normal and Heroic, if something is Heroic-only it will be noted as such.
General mechanics to know about
- Move out of Infested Breath
- Run Rot to your raid's designated spot
- In Stage 2, move away from Corrupted Vermin before they burst
Stage 1 - The Plagued Dreamer
- Pop your cooldowns at the start of the fight - Heroism/Time Warp/Bloodlust should be used here. Deal as much damage as possible before Infested Ground stacks up.
- Nythendra will choose a random target and cast Infested Breath in a frontal cone. Run out of this ASAP. Every tick of damage you take causes an Infested Ground to form. Additionally, you will gain stacks of Infested in Heroic mode. She casts this twice before moving to Phase 2.
- Do not stand behind Nythendra.
- Periodically, players will be afflicted with Rot. After 8 seconds, you will drop a pool of Infested Ground at your feet. Run to your raid's designated drop spot, drop the pool, and return to the fight.
Stage 2 - Heart of the Swarm
- After two casts of Infested Breath, Nythendra will collapse and pull all pools of Infested Ground to her. Avoid these while continuing to damage.
- Insects will spawn all over the ground. Keep your eye out for Corrupted Vermin: once they grow big enough they will explode with Burst of Corruption, dealing damage and applying a stacking debuff that causes you to take more damage from subsequent bursts.
- This phase lasts 20 seconds, then Nythendra resumes Stage 1.
- In Heroic mode, stacks of Infested will clear.
- This is a straightforward fight. Go all out on the pull so you don't have to worry about dodging rots and corrupted pools.
- If you happen to get caught in Infested Breath, Burst of Corruption, or gain too many Infested stacks, pop your defensive cooldowns.
- Don't drop Infested Ground in your group.
- Deal as much damage as possible, but remember a dead player deals no dps.
- Enable warning for Rot
- Enable timer for Infested Breath
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
December 31, 2016 - 6:00 pm (The Emerald Nightmare) - Reviewed for patch 7.1.5.
December 25, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Updated Healer guide for Xavius, adding Mythic kill video and additional Mythic information.
December 18, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Updated Mythic Healer guide for Cenarius and added Mythic kill video.
November 24, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Mythic video to Il'gynoth Healer guide.
November 14, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Mythic videos to Ursoc and Dragons of Nightmare healer guides.
November 12, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - The Mythic information on the healer guide for Dragons of Nightmare was updated.
October 23, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added additional clarifications to the Mythic section of the Elerethe Healer guide, along with a Mythic video.
October 22, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Heroic video to the Xavius Healer guide.
October 20, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added videos to the Healer guides for Nythendra (mythic), Il'gynoth, and Cenarius.
Comment on Nythendra, DPS Guide