Chronomatic Anomaly, Healer Guide
Updated 6 years, 5 months ago for patch 7.2 by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Chronomatic Anomaly in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- Throughout the fight, players and the boss will be affected by Passage of Time. This will change your movement speed, casting speed, attack speed, and cooldown duration.
- This generally changes between fast and slow, and changed whenever Power Overwhelming is interrupted (explained below).
- The tank will take steadily increasing damage as Chronometric Particles stacks higher.
- If the tank reaches 9 stacks, they will die and the entire group will take moderate damage from Chronometric Overload.
- Avoid the impact locations of Burst of Time.
- Avoid the Temporal Orbs as they move out from the center of the room
- On Heroic, when affected by Time Bomb move as far away from the group as possible.
- Players affected by Time Release will need to be healed as much as possible before it expires to help mitigate the damage the group takes.
- Waning Time Particles will spawn periodically.
- Chronomate deals damage to whoever is tanking Waning Time Particles.
- Waning Time Particles continually cast Warp Nightwell, dealing increasing damage to the group.
- This should be interrupted as much as possible. On Heroic, when a Waning Time Particle reaches 30% health, this ability is no longer interruptable.
- When killed, a Temporal Rift is left behind
- Touching a Rift will give you a Temporal Charge, causing increasing damage over time.
- As Chronomatic Anomaly channels Power Overwhelming it must be interrupted when the damage it's causing gets too high. This will vary group-to-group and depend a lot on your healers.
- The player with Temporal Charge can interrupt the channel by standing in the center of the room, where Chronomatic Anomaly is channeling from.
- Interupting the cast will trigger Temporal Smash.
There are no mechanical differences between Heroic and Mythic difficulty.
- In general, you should try to let Power Overwhelming last as long as possible before interrupting.
- It's best to use group-healing cooldowns the first time it's channeled as you'll be in a normal speed Passage of Time.
- After the first one, try to let Power Overwhelming get to at least three stacks. This helps ensure you're not overwhelmed by Waning Time Particles towards the end of the fight.
Healing this fight will change between easy and difficult depending on how the flow of time is altering cooldowns and abilities.
- On Heroic, be aware of the burst damage from Time Bomb. This shouldn't require any group-healing cooldowns unless the affected players didn't make it far enough away.
- Be aware of the raid damage caused by Waning Time Particles if they aren't interrupted.
- Whoever picks up Temporal Charge will need additional healing.
- The group takes streadily increasing damage from Power Overwhelming while it's channeled.
Debuffs to Track
- Time Release is a healing absorb that must be healed quickly to prevent excessive group-wide damage.
- Temporal Charge causes the affected player to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Chronomatic Anomaly. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Chronomatic Anomaly on Heroic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Chronomatic Anomaly on Mythic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.
Comment on Chronomatic Anomaly, Healer Guide