This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Krosus in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @VirendraDG.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Krosus is a simple encounter that serves as a gear check for your raid.
- The fight takes place on a long bridge, but as the fight progresses Krosus will destroy sections of the bridge until he is defeated or the entire bridge is destroyed.
- Krosus will fire Fel Beam from one of his hands. He telegraphs this attack by lifting either the right or the left hand, so players will need to avoid that side. After the initial Fel Beam, he alternates sides, so players will always know which side is safe.
- One player will be targeted by Orb of Destruction which deals massive damage to the whole raid. The farther away from the impact point, the less damage the raid takes. The target needs to run as far away as possible to minimize raid damage. However, as the fight goes on and more of the bridge is destroyed, the raid will take more damage.
- When Krosus throws out Burning Pitch, players need to soak the patches or else Burning Ember will spawn.
- Burning Ember use Felblast at random targets. If any of these spawn, DPS them down.
- Krosus uses Slam to deal damage to the raid (tanks should be soaking this) and damage the bridge. Every third Slam will destroy a bridge section, and if you fall into the water, you will die.
- If nobody is in melee range, Krosus will use Isolated Rage.
- Use Heroism/Time Warp/Bloodlust on pull.
- Krosus keeps all of his abilities from Normal and Heroic.
- There will be more Burning Pitch on the ground than the raid can soak. This means that Burning Embers are guaranteed to spawn.
- Several Burning Embers are empowerd by Accelerate, growing in size and gaining energy rapidly. These are now your top priority, as when they reach 100 energy they use Burnout, dealing massive raid-wide damage. If two of these go off the raid will wipe.
- While adds are up, Krosus will continue to use Fel Beam and Orb of Destruction, so avoid tunneling on adds.
- Losing anybody means less bodies to soak Burning Pitch and more Burning Embers.
- Prioritize soaking overlapping Pitch patches. Pop a personal cooldown and stand where they overlap.
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.
Comment on Krosus, DPS Guide