This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Jin'do the Hexxer in Zul'Gurub. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Hex (dispel, magic), which will force a temporary tank switch.
- Powerful Healing Wards must be killed quickly to prevent the healing over time from Powerful Healing Ward..
- Brain Wash Totems must be killed to free the mind controlled player from Brain Wash.
- When affected by Delusions of Jin'do (dispel, curse), help kill Shades of Jin'do if mana permits.
- Shade of Jin'don
- Only visible to cursed players.
- Attack random players for light damage and interrupt spell casts with each attack.
- Shade of Jin'don
- Periodically teleports a player to the skeleton pit, spawning several Sacrificed Trolls to attack the player, dealing light damage.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any differences.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- You should generally avoid dispelling Delusions of Jin'do (dispel, curse) so as many players as possible are available to kill the Shades of Jin'do.
- Be prepared to heal players teleported to the skeleton pit.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Jin'do the Hexxer, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 01, 2022 - 7:31 pm (Jin'do the Hexxer) - Added missing spells for the Healing Totem and Brain Wash Totem.
March 01, 2022 - 7:12 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
March 01, 2022 - 3:39 pm (High Priestess Jeklik) - Added Throw Liquid Fire spell name and ID.
April 11, 2020 - 7:35 pm (High Priest Thekal) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:33 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:27 pm (High Priest Venoxis) - Added missing spells.