This page covers a healer-focused strategy for High Priestess Jeklik in Zul'Gurub. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Stage One - The Bat
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Jeklik reaches 50% health.
- Every 60-seconds, spawns a swarm of ~7 Bloodseeker Bats.
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Sonic Burst.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Swoop.
- Periodically Charges the closest player that's at least 8-yards away.
Stage Two - The Priestess
This stage begins when Jeklik reaches 50% health and ends when she's killed.
- Dispel Shadow Word: Pain (magic) to prevent the damage over time effect.
- Interrupt or keep mana drained Greater Heal to prevent the healing.
- Interrupt or keep mana drained Mind Flay to prevent the chaining damage dealt to several players.
- Stay at least 8-yards away to avoid Psychic Scream (dispel, magic).
- Avoid the Throw Liquid Fire impact locations.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any differences.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Melee players will be taking regular damage from Sonic Burst.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on High Priestess Jeklik, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 01, 2022 - 7:31 pm (Jin'do the Hexxer) - Added missing spells for the Healing Totem and Brain Wash Totem.
March 01, 2022 - 7:12 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
March 01, 2022 - 3:39 pm (High Priestess Jeklik) - Added Throw Liquid Fire spell name and ID.
April 11, 2020 - 7:35 pm (High Priest Thekal) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:33 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:27 pm (High Priest Venoxis) - Added missing spells.