This page covers a healer-focused strategy for High Priestess Arlokk in Zul'Gurub. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
The encounter is started by clicking the gong in the back of the room, which spawns Arlokk immediately.
This encounter alternates between the two stages with increased frequency the longer the encounter goes on.
- Zulian Panthers spawn steadily throughout the encounter.
- Avoid the panther pens on either side of the room, getting too close will spawn additional Zulian Panthers.
Stage One - The Priestess
This stage begins the encounter and ends on an increasingly shorter timer the longer the encounter goes on. It begins again following stage two.
- The tanks will be dealing with Gouge, which forces a threat reset.
- Dispel Shadow Word: Pain (magic) to prevent the light damage over time.
Stage Two - The Tiger
This stage begins when Arlokk Vanishes and ends after 20-seconds, at which point stage one begins again.
- When targeted by Mark of Arlokk, be prepared to move near a tank so they can build threat on the Zulian Panthers focused on you.
- Avoid the Whirlwind location as the stage ends.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any differences.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Tanks will be taking most of the damage on this encounter, and as long as the panthers are kept under control the damage should be manageable.
- Be aware of the player affected by Mark of Arlokk as they may take extra damage from the panthers.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on High Priestess Arlokk, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 01, 2022 - 7:31 pm (Jin'do the Hexxer) - Added missing spells for the Healing Totem and Brain Wash Totem.
March 01, 2022 - 7:12 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
March 01, 2022 - 3:39 pm (High Priestess Jeklik) - Added Throw Liquid Fire spell name and ID.
April 11, 2020 - 7:35 pm (High Priest Thekal) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:33 pm (Edge of Madness) - Added missing spells.
April 11, 2020 - 7:27 pm (High Priest Venoxis) - Added missing spells.