The Prophet Skeram, Healer Guide
Updated 1 year, 2 months ago for patch 1.13.6 and Season of Mastery by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for The Prophet Skeram in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Earth Shock if not in melee range.
- Interrupt Arcane Explosion to prevent the damage dealt to all players within 30-yards.
- Additionally, try to be at least 30-yards away from Skeram and its copies when possible.
- Players mind controlled by True Fulfillment should be crowd controlled.
- At 75%, 50%, and 25% health, spawns two Prophet Skeram copies with Summon Images.
- The copies use the same abilities as Prophet Skeram.
- The copies always appear at full mana, which can help identify which is the real Prophet Skeram.
- Periodically switch places using Teleport.
Season of Mastery Differences
- While Prophet Skeram copies are active, one player is affected by Visions of Madness, causing the following:
- Ability to see which Prophet Skeram is real.
- Deal moderate damage to all players within 6-yards.
- Reduced haste, attack speed, casting speed, and movement speed.
- If a Prophet Skeram copy is killed, all players are killed.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Be aware of player positions as it's possible players will move out of range of break line of sight, depending on where you're fighting the boss.
- It's important to help crowd control players affected by True Fulfillment whenever possible as they'll deal significant damage at anyone they're attacking.
Debuffs to Track
- Visions of Madness causes players to need moderate healing over time.
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 04, 2022 - 3:34 pm (C'Thun) - Corrected Mind Flay spell ID.
April 04, 2022 - 3:32 pm (Ouro) - Added Season of Mastery information.
April 04, 2022 - 3:29 pm (Twin Emperors) - Added Season of Mastery information, added Virulent Poison as a poison dispel.
April 04, 2022 - 3:23 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Added Season of Mastery information, corrected Wyvern Sting spell ID.
April 04, 2022 - 3:19 pm (Viscidus) - Added Season of Mastery information, corrected Toxin cloud spell.
April 04, 2022 - 3:13 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added Season of Mastery information, and additional Entangle spell IDs.
April 04, 2022 - 3:11 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Added Season of Mastery information.
April 04, 2022 - 3:07 pm (Silithid Royalty) - Added Season of Mastery information.
March 29, 2022 - 1:55 pm (The Prophet Skeram) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
Comment on The Prophet Skeram, Healer Guide