This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Sapphiron in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Immune to frost spells.
- Deals moderate damage over time to all players for the duration of the encounter with Frost Aura.
- Alternates between being on the ground and in the air.
- While on the ground:
- While in the air:
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- All players should be as close to 315 Frost Resistance as possible, without sacrificing too many other stats where they become ineffective in their role.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The healing required during this encounter is essentially endless, and mana management will be important as well as avoiding overhealing.
- It's very important that Life Drain (dispel, curse) is dispelled quickly to prevent the fight from going on any longer than it has to.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Sapphiron, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +