This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Patchwerk in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Hateful Strike.
- This does not hit the current top threat target. The top threat tank will be dealing only with auto attack damage.
- It instead hits the second, third, or fourth highest threat target that has the highest current hit points and is in melee range.
- If a melee DPS has more threat than a tank, they can step into the slime river to lower their health and help ensure they're less likely to be a target.
- At 5% health, Enrages, increasing physical damage dealt and attack speed.
- After 7-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing physical damage dealt and attack speed, and rapidly fires Slime Bolts at all players.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- All off-tanks must be kept at full health in order to remain primary targets for Hateful Strike.
- Additionally, melee DPS can be kept at lower health in order to further decrease their chances of being targeted.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Comment on Patchwerk, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +