Noth the Plaguebringer, Healer Guide
Updated 9 months, 3 weeks ago for patch 1.13.6 and Season of Mastery by Preston. View the change log.
This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Noth the Plaguebringer in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players alternate between fighting Noth directly and fighting his minions.
Stage One - The Plaguebringer
- Each time this stage begins, it will end based on new timer.
- When the encounter starts, it ends after 90-seconds.
- After completing stage two the first time, it ends after 110-seconds.
- After completing stage two the second time, it ends after 180-seconds.
- After completing stage two the third time, you'll be permanently in stage one.
- The tanks will be dealing with Blink, which resets threat and applies Cripple (dispel, magic) to all players within 20-yards.
- Dispel Curse of the Plaguebringer (curse) before it expires to prevent Wrath of the Plaguebringer from being applied to all players.
- Every 30-seconds, summons Plagued Warriors from the bone piles around the room.
- Plagued Warrior
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Plagued Warrior
Stage Two - Plague Minions
This stage begins 90-seconds after the encounter begins, then again 110-seconds after beginning stage one the second time, and a final time 180-seconds after beginning stage one for the third time. It ends after the criteria noted below are met.
- To begin the stage, Noth teleports to one of the balconies, staying out of range of players.
- Summoning of Plagued Warriors continues during this stage.
- This stage consists of waves of two types of enemies, noted below.
- Plagued Champion
- The tanks will be dealing with Mortal Strike, reducing healing received.
- Is possible, stay more than 25-yards to avoid Shadow Shock.
- Plagued Guardian
- Susceptible to stuns.
- Deal light damage to all players within 30-yards with Arcane Explosion.
- Plagued Champion
- The first time you enter this stage:
- Two waves of Plagued Champions are spawned.
- The stage ends after 70-seconds, or when all Plagued Champions are killed.
- The second time you enter this stage:
- Two waves of Plagued Champions are spawned, and each wave includes one Plagued Guardian.
- The stage ends after 90-seconds, or when all Plagued Champions and Plagued Guardians are killed.
- The third time you enter this stage:
- Two waves of Plagued Guardians are spawned.
- The stage ends when all Plagued Guardians are killed.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- Tanks holding Plagued Champions can make use of Shadow Resistance if the damage from Shadow Shock is too high.
- Other players generally won't make use of additional resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The most important part of this encounter is keeping Curse of the Plaguebringer (dispel, curse) under control.
- Be sure to dispel Cripple (magic) from the tanks first, followed by strength DPS and other melee DPS if time and mana permit.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Curse of the Plaguebringer (dispel, curse), Mortal Strike
- Minor: Cripple (dispel, magic)
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
Comment on Noth the Plaguebringer, Healer Guide