This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Maexxna in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Don't stand in front to avoid Poison Shock.
- Dispel Necrotic Poison (poison) quickly to remove the reduced healing received effect.
- Targets three random players with Web Wrap, knocking them backwards to the wall and dealing light damage over time until the Web Wrap is killed.
- Every 40-seconds, deals moderate damage to all players and stuns them with Web Spray.
- Every 40-seconds, spawns Maexnna Spiderlings, which should be killed quickly.
- At 30% health, (28747) s, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- Melee players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Players hit by Web Wrap may be knocked out of range, be prepared to heal them as-needed.
- Make sure the tanks are near full health and have any available heal over time effects active on them before Web Spray.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Maexxna, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +