This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gothik the Harvester in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players fight against Gothik's minions before engaging him directly.
Stage One - Divided Efforts
This stage begins the encounter and ends after about 4.5-minutes.
- Gothik's room is divided into two sides. The side you first enter is called the Living Side, the other side is called the Undead Side.
- When Gothik is engaged, the gate between the two sides closes and Gothik teleports to his balcony, out of reach of players.
- Enemies first spawn on the Living Side, and when killed will spawn a similar enemy on the Undead Side.
- Living Side
- Enemies are susceptible to most forms of crowd control, slows, and snares, except where noted.
- Unrelenting Trainee
- Unrelenting Deathknight
- Unrelenting Rider
- Undead Side
- Spectral Trainee
- Susceptible to stuns.
- Deals light damage to all players with Arcane Explosion.
- Spectral Deathknight
- Spectral Rider
- Spectral Horse
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Stomp.
- Spectral Trainee
Stage Two - The Harvester
This stage begins after 4.5-minutes in stage one and ends when Gothik is killed.
- Any enemies leftover from stage one will need to be dealt with, either by crowd controlling or killing them.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- Players should use as much Shadow Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Players will be split into two groups during most of the encounter, and while players may appear in range they may not be in line of sight due to the wall and gate dividing the two sides.
- Healing should remain relatively low as long as neither side is being overwhelmed by enemies.
- During stage two, help DPS Gothik whenever possible to be sure you outpace the stacks of Harvest Soul.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Gothik the Harvester, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +