This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gluth in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Mortal Wound, reducing healing received.
- Stay more than 20-yards away to avoid Terrifying Roar.
- Soothe Frenzy to remove the increased attack speed and damage dealt effect. This occurs every 10-seconds.
- Zombie Chow spawns from one of the three grates in the room every 10-seconds.
- Every 100-seconds, Decimate reduces the health of all players and Zombie Chow to 5%. It also forces all Zombie Chow to move towards Gluth.
- This is the ideal time to kill all Zombie Chows.
- After three Decimates, about 5-minutes, Enrages, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any mechanical differences.
- There are new quests offered by Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir just inside Naxxramas, and it was suggested that these could lead to surprises that "have a significant impact" inside and outside Naxxramas.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Be prepared to quickly heal the tank after Decimate.
- Depending on your group's strategy, and if mana and healing permits, help crowd control Zombie Chow.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Gluth, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +