This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Flamegor in Blackwing Lair. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Wing Buffet, which causes a threat drop.
- Deals extra damage to the tanks with Thrash.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Shadow Flame.
- Frenzy should be dispelled with Tranquilizing Shot to remove the increased attack speed effect.
- While active Fire Nova will continually deal damage to all players.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Ebonroc and Flamegor are now a single encounter.
- When one boss is killed the other gains Obsidian Fury, greatly increasing damage dealt.
- Applies stacks of Brand of Shadow to all players within 50-yards, dealing increasing damage with each application.
- Applies stacks of Brand of Flame to all players within 50-yards, dealing increasing damage with each application.
- Tanks should have as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats, as well as use Onyxia Scale Cloak.
- Melee and Ranged/Healers generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The tanks will be taking heavy damage throughout the encounter, especially when Frenzy is active, otherwise this isn't a very healing intensive encounter.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Flamegor, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
February 08, 2022 - 8:12 pm (Nefarian) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 08, 2022 - 4:41 pm (Flamegor) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 08, 2022 - 4:40 pm (Ebonroc) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 03, 2022 - 12:09 am (Chromaggus) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 02, 2022 - 3:45 pm (Firemaw) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 01, 2022 - 5:48 pm (Vaelastrasz the Corrupt) - Added Season of Mastery differences.
February 01, 2022 - 5:29 pm (Razorgore the Untamed) - Added Season of Mastery differences.