This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Conclave of the Chosen in Battle of Dazar'alor. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
This is a single stage encounter during which players will be fighting through a rotation of Loa and their Aspects. The encounter ends when all the Aspects have been defeated.
This is a "flashback" encounter for Horde players, meaning they'll be completing it as Alliance races.
- Two Aspects are active to begin the fight.
- When one Aspect is killed, the others are healed to full health and gain a stack of Loa's Wrath.
- Another Aspect will join the fight until there are no more left.
- On Heroic, Cry of the Fallen deals damage over time to all players.
- Keep the active Aspects at least 7-yards away from each other to avoid the reduced damage taken and increased damage dealt from Loa's Pact.
The Loa and Their Aspects
The Aspects are what players fight directly, while the Loa themselves periodically unleash powerful wrath abilities throughout the encounter.
- During Pa'ku's Wrath, stand in the center of the storm to take the least amount of damage.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Lacerating Claws.
- Heroic only.
- Avoid the impact location of Krag'wa's Wrath, targeted on the player furthest away from Krag'wa's location.
The Loa and Their Aspects
- Manage dispelling Bwonsamdi's Wrath (curse) to keep the affected players alive.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- when there's downtime between Loa Wrath abilities
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Gift of Wind should be purged from enemies whenever possible.
- Crawling Hex (curse) should be dispelled when no other players are with in 8-yards of the affected player.
- Mind Wipe (magic) should be dispelled quickly.
- Bwonsamdi's Wrath (curse) should be dispelled as needed to keep the affected players alive.
- Lacerating Claws causes players to need additional healing.
- Akunda's Wrath causes players to need additional healing.
- (Optional) Bleeding Wounds causes players to need additional healing, however the number of players affected at once could clutter raid frames.
- (Optional) Mark of Prey can cause players to need additional healing if they're caught.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Conclave of the Chosen. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on Conclave of the Chosen, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
February 28, 2019 - 2:27 pm (Lady Jaina Proudmoore) - Added information about alliance ships and ballista to stage one, added Frozen Solid to major debuffs to track.
February 15, 2019 - 3:34 pm (King Rastakhan) - Added Toad Toxin debuff from being hit by Plague of Toads.
February 12, 2019 - 7:32 am (Lady Jaina Proudmoore) - Updates to healer notes.
February 10, 2019 - 10:37 am (Stormwall Blockade) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 09, 2019 - 3:41 pm (High Tinker Mekkatorque) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 09, 2019 - 2:33 pm (King Rastakhan) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 9:37 pm (Conclave of the Chosen) - Updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 9:21 pm (Opulence) - Updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 8:59 pm (Jadefire Masters) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 7:21 pm (Grong, the Revenant (A)) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.