This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Portal Keeper Hasabel in Antorus, the Burning Throne. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this fight, Hasabel will be opening various portals to unleash different Legion forces.
This is the base platform which all of the portals connect to. My guess is these abilities will be present throughout the fight, regardless of which portal is active.
- The tanks will be managing stacks of Reality Tear.
- Before this expires, the tank should move away from the group to mitigate damage done by the resulting Bursting Darkness.
- Move out of the area affected by Collapsing World to avoid fatal damage.
- This deals light damage to the entire group, even outside of the affected area.
- Avoid the line created by Felstorm Barrage.
- If no players are on the Nexus Platform, Catastrophic Implosion occurs.
- On Heroic, Transport Portal summons various demons to the fight.
- Felblaze Imp
- Fiery Detonation needs to be interrupted or subsequent casts will deal increasing damage to the group.
- Feltouched Skitterer
- Acidic Web roots players and deals light damage over time.
- Hungering Stalker
- Howling Shadows needs to be interrupted or spell casts should be stopped before it finishes casting.
When Portal Keeper Hasabel reaches 90% health, she opens the portal to Xoroth. This spawns Vulcanar, who must be killed.
- Stay at least 10-yards away from Vulcanar to avoid Flames of Xoroth.
- Ideally, this will be interrupted every time to avoid heavy damage on the tank and melee.
- Avoid the impact locations of Supernova
- Empowered Portal: Xoroth deals steadily increasing damage to the group while Vulcanar is alive.
- Once Vulcanar is killed, Portal: Xoroth continues to deal light damage to the entire group.
- When affected by Everburning Flames, move away from the group to drop the resulting Everburning Light.
When Portal Keeper Hasabel reaches 70% health, she opens the portal to Rancora. This spawns Lady Dacidion, who must be killed.
- Lady Dacidion
- Destroy the Felsilk Wraps on affected players to remove the stun and light damage over time effect.
- Poison Essence deals damage to all players based on their current health amount.
- Empowered Portal: Rancora deals steadily increasing damage to the group while Lady Dacidion is alive.
- Once Lady Dacidion is killed, Portal: Rancora continues to deal light damage to the entire group.
- Avoid the Caustic Slime pools, which apply a debuff that deals light damage over time.
- Before the debuff expires, move at least 10-yards away from other players to avoid causing extra damage from Caustic Detonation.
When Portal Keeper Hasabel reaches 50% health, she opens the portal to Nathreza. This spawns Lord Eilgar, who must be killed.
- Lord Eilgar
- Stay at least 35-yards away to avoid Delusions.
- This effect can be dispelled.
- This should be used by healers as needed in a controlled manner to regain mana.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Corrupt.
- Empowered Portal: Nathreza deals steadily increasing damage to the group while Lord Eilgar is alive.
- Once Lord Eilgar is killed, Portal: Nathreza continues to deal light damage to the entire group.
- Mind Fog reduces how far players can see
- Standing near an Everburning Light from the Xoroth portal removes the effects of Mind Fog.
- Stepping in the Heart of Nathreza applies Cloying Shadows, reducing healing received.
- While affected, stay at least 8-yards away from other players to avoid spreading Hungering Gloom when it expires or is dispelled.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
- Constant, group-wide damage will steadily increase over the course of the fight as more portals become active.
- Nexus Platform
- Bursting Darkness deals varying damage to the entire group depending on how far away the tank is.
- Collapsing World deals light damage to the entire group.
- On Heroic, try not to cast while Hungering Stalkers are casting Howling Shadows to avoid the interrupt.
- Platform: Rancora
- Poison Essence will deal a burst of damage to the entire group and may require a group healing cooldown.
- Players affected by Caustic Slime will need light healing over time.
- Platform: Nathreza
Debuffs to Track
- Cloying Shadows can be dispelled once the affected player is away from the group.
- Hungering Gloom can also be dispelled once the affected player is away from the group.
- Delusions can be dispelled as needed when other healers are using it to gain mana.
- (Optiona) Several abilities deal light damage over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Portal Keeper Hasabel. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
DBM settings will be added closer to the release of the raid.