This page covers a healer-focused strategy for the Felhounds of Sargeras in Antorus, the Burning Throne. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this fight, you'll be facing off against Sargeras' felhounds, F'harg and Shatug.
- The two felhounds share a health pool through Soul Link.
- Both felhounds will perform special abilities at different energy levels, and both have their own energy generation rates.
- If either of the felhounds are within 40-yards of each other, they'll deal 100% more damage from Sargeras' Blessing.
- The tanks will be dealing with Burning Maw.
- When affected by Desolate Gaze, move away from the group.
- If not affected, avoid the resulting Desolate Path traveling between F'harg and the affected player.
- When affected by Enflame Corruption, stay at least 8-yards away from other players.
- This will periodically pulse Enflamed, dealing heavy damage to affected players and anyone within 8-yards.
- On Heroic, players affected by Molten Touch will be stunned and take heavy damage from Singed over 9-seconds.
- If not affected, avoid the impact locations of Molten Flare.
- The tanks will be dealing with Corrupting Maw.
- Avoid the Decay cone left behind.
- Avoid the path of Consuming Sphere, which travels between the boss and a targeted location.
- When affected by Siphon Corruption, be prepared to stack with other players.
- Stack with players affected by Siphoned to help mitigate the damage taken.
- On Heroic, stack with players affected by Weight of Darkness to mitigate the fear effect.
- The felhounds no longer share health, but must be killed at the same time to avoid Dark Reconstitution.
- Focusing Power now afflicts players with one of two debuffs.
- Shadowtouched decreases shadow damage taken.
- Players affected by this should switch to Shatug's side.
- Players who take fire damage with this debuff trigger Shadowscar.
- This deals moderate damage to another random player and pulls that player to the affected player's location.
- Flametouched decreases fire damage taken.
- Players affected by this should switch to F'harg's side.
- Players who take shadow damage with this debuff trigger Burning Flash and Burning Remnant.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
- Currently, nothing stands out as requiring group-healing cooldowns, but I'll update that as I experience the fight.
- Players affected by Enflamed will need heavy healing when it pulses.
- When Siphon Corruption is out, most of the raid will be taking light to moderate damage while soaking.
- On Heroic, players affected by Singed will need heavy healing over time.
Debuffs to Track
- Enflamed causes players to need additional healing.
- On Heroic, Singed causes players to need heavy healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Felhounds of Sargeras. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
DBM settings will be added closer to the release of the raid.