This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Eonar the Life-Binder in Antorus, the Burning Throne. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this fight, players will be defending the Essence of Eonar from the Legion and The Paraxis, while dealing indirect damage to The Paraxis by empowering the Essence of Eonar, as explained below.
- The Paraxis
- The Paraxis flies above the battlefield and can't be directly engaged.
- Artillery Strike deals light, unavoidable damage to random players.
- When affected by Rain of Fel move at least 8-yards away from other players.
- On Heroic, when fixated by Spear of Doom, kite it away from the group while avoiding existing Fel Wake pools.
- Fel-Infused Destructor
- Is immobile and continuously attacks the Essence of Eonar with Artillery Strike.
- If no players are in melee range, Artillery Mode increases the firing rate.
- Fel-Charged Obfuscator
- Is immune to attacks and Cloaks nearby friendly units.
- On Heroic, Fel-Powered Purifier
- Is mobile and able to be tanked.
- Purification removes crowd control effects from nearby friendly units and makes them immune while they remain nearby.
- Don't be in front of these to avoid the cleave effect from Swing.
- Essence of Eonar
- Whenever players kill an enemy, the Essence of Eonar gains Energy.
- At 100 energy, Life Force deals damage to The Paraxis and kills all Legion forces currently active.
- Legion adds can be affected by Fel Shielding.
- To remove this, the add must be hit by a Rain of Fel detonation.
- The Paraxis
- When Final Doom is being channeled, portals will open around the room so players can board The Paraxis.
- Once aboard, the Paraxis Inquisitor must be killed.
- Mind Blast deals heavy damage to the current tank.
- Players affected by Pain take light damage over time.
- This should be dispelled.
- Wrack deals heavy damage to all nearby players.
- This should be interrupted quickly.
- If no players are within melee range, Torment is channeled.
- This should be interrupted if it's cast.
- Once the Paraxis Inquisitor is dead, four Focusing Crystals must be deactivated.
- Deactivating a Crystal applies a corresponding debuff.
- The blue Crystal applies Feedback - Arcane Singularity, causing the affected player to periodically interrupt all spell casts within 10-yards.
- The green Crystal applies Feedback - Targeted, causing the affected player to always be targeted by The Paraxis' abilities.
- The red Crystal applies Feedback - Burning Embers, causing affected player to periodically knock players within 8-yards into the air and deal light damage to them.
- The yellow Crystal applies Feedback - Foul Steps, causing the affected player to take increasing damage over time while moving.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
- The Paraxis
- Rain of Fel deals critical damage to affected players, and anyone nearby if they can't move away in time.
- It's hard to tell from the Dungeon Journal how much abilities will overlap with each other, I'll update this section once I've experienced the fight myself.
Debuffs to Track
- Rain of Fel causes critical damage to affected players, players affected should be topped off before it hits.
- On Mythic, Pain needs to be dispelled.
- On Mythic, several Crystal affects cause players to need additional healing
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Eonar the Life-Binder. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
DBM settings will be added closer to the release of the raid.