This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Anetheron in The Battle for Mount Hyjal in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tank will be dealing with Vampiric Aura, and can reduce the healing by mitigating damage taken when possible.
- Targets random swaths of players with Carrion Swarm, dealing moderate damage and greatly reducing healing done.
- Targets random players with Inferno, stunning them and spawning a Towering Infernal.
- Targets random players with Sleep, putting them to sleep for 10-seconds or until damaged.
- After 10-minutes, Enrages, greatly increasing damage dealt.
- Holding Towering Infernals should use as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats, increasing as-needed to survive.
- All other players should use as much Shadow Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to keep the Towering Infernal tank alive, or to pick up healing slack if too many healers are affected by Carrion Swarm.
- Other things to watch for
- If you're affected by Carrion Swarm, try to help DPS if mana permits.
Debuffs to Track
- (Optional) Carrion Swarm reduces healing output, and knowing if any healers are affected can be helpful.
- (Optional) Sleep causes players to be incapacitated, but breaks when they take damage.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Anetheron in The Battle for Mount Hyjal. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.