This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Kalecgos in Sunwell Plateau in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be rotating in and out of the Spectral Realm.
- When Kalecgos or Sathrovarr reach 10% health, both gain Crazed Rage, increasing attack speed and damage dealt.
- Players will fight Kalecgos in the Normal Realm.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Frost Breath (dispel, magic).
- Don't stand behind to avoid Tail Lash.
- When targeted by Spectral Blast, stay more than 10-yards away from other players.
- This pulls the affected player and any players within 10-yards into the Spectral Realm.
- A portal is also created that players can click on to enter the Spectral Realm.
- Applies random positive and negative effects to players.
- Deals stacking light to moderate damage to all players with Arcane Buffet.
- Stacks are removed by entering the Spectral Realm.
Players enter the Spectral Realm when hit by Spectral Blast or by using the portal left behind.
- Players stay in the Spectral Realm for 60-seconds and gain Spectral Exhaustion upon leaving, preventing entering the Realm again for 60-seconds.
- Players fight Sathrovarr the Corruptor.
- The tanks will be dealing with Corrupting Strike, stunning and dealing light damage over time.
- Dispel Curse of Boundless Agony (curse) when the damage over time becomes too high. When dispelled, the curse jumps to a new player.
- Deals light damage to random players with Shadow Bolt Volley.
- A friendly Kalec is present in this Realm.
- Can tank Sathrovarr if no tank is present.
- Restores health and mana to random players within 10-yards with Revitalize.
- All players should use as much Arcane Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- when Arcane Buffet stacks are high
- Other things to watch for
- Stand near Kalec in the Spectral Realm to potentially regain mana from Revitalize.
Debuffs to Track
- Corrupting Strike incapacitates and deals light damage over time.
- Curse of Boundless Agony (curse) should be dispelled when the damage over time becomes too high.
- Frost Breath (dispel, magic) can be dispelled immediately.
The Sunwell DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand The Burning Crusade heading in the left-hand panel, click on the The Sunwell heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Sunwell bosses.
Comment on Kalecgos, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 09, 2022 - 5:08 pm (Felmyst) - Removed Encapsulate as a trackable debuff. The affected player doesn't seem to gain a debuff.
May 09, 2022 - 4:58 pm (M'uru) - Added Singularity spell ID.
May 09, 2022 - 4:54 pm (Eredar Twins) - Added Shadowfury spell ID and noted it as a magic dispel.
May 09, 2022 - 4:51 pm (Kalecgos) - Added Revitalize spell ID.
May 09, 2022 - 4:35 pm (Healer) - Added DBM import code for all bosses.