This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Felmyst in Sunwell Plateau in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter players will be alternating between the two stages.
- Deals light damage over time to all players for the duration of the encounter with Noxious Fumes.
- After 10-minutes, Enrages, greatly increasing damage dealt.
Stage One - Ground
This stage last for about 60-seconds and begins again following 90-seconds in stage two.
- The tanks will be dealing with Corrosion, greatly increasing physical damage taken.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Dispel Gas Nova (magic) quickly, starting with healers and mana users.
- During Encapsulate, move more than 20-yards away from the affected player to avoid the heavy damage over time.
Stage Two - Air
This stage lasts for about 90-seconds and begins again following 60-seconds in stage one.
- When targeted by Demonic Vapor, run to avoid the beam and resulting poison clouds.
- This spawns several Unyielding Dead, and will spawn additional if a player touches the cloud.
- During Fog of Corruption:
- Avoid the third of the room Felmyst flies over.
- Players hit by the fog are mind controlled and gain greatly increased damage and healing done.
- All players should use as much Arcane Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- on Encapsulate
- Other things to watch for
- Players will likely be spread out during stage two and some may be out of range of healing.
Debuffs to Track
- Corrosion can cause the tanks to need additional healing.
- Gas Nova (dispel, magic) should be dispelled immediately.
The Sunwell DBM Import Code for Healers - +
To use this import code, install the Deadly Boss Mods addon, type /dbm in your chat, expand The Burning Crusade heading in the left-hand panel, click on the The Sunwell heading, click on the Load AddOn button in the right-hand panel if necessary, click on the Import Profile button, paste the code into the box and click Import. Note that importing this code will replace all of your current settings for all Sunwell bosses.
Comment on Felmyst, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 09, 2022 - 5:08 pm (Felmyst) - Removed Encapsulate as a trackable debuff. The affected player doesn't seem to gain a debuff.
May 09, 2022 - 4:58 pm (M'uru) - Added Singularity spell ID.
May 09, 2022 - 4:54 pm (Eredar Twins) - Added Shadowfury spell ID and noted it as a magic dispel.
May 09, 2022 - 4:51 pm (Kalecgos) - Added Revitalize spell ID.
May 09, 2022 - 4:35 pm (Healer) - Added DBM import code for all bosses.