This page covers a healer-focused strategy for The Curator in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be alternating between two stages, detailed below.
- At 15% health, Enrages, increasing physical damage dealt.
- Astral Flares are no longer summoned.
- After 10-minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing damage dealt.
Stage One - Astral Flares
This stage begins the encounter and ends when The Curator reaches 0% mana. It begins again when The Curator reaches 100% mana after stage two.
- The main-tank will be dealing with Arcane Infusion
- The off-tank will be dealing with Hateful Bolt.
- Summons an Astral Flare every 10-seconds, consuming 10% mana.
- Astral Flare
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Arcing Sear.
- Astral Flare
Stage Two - Evocation
This stage begins when The Curator reaches 0% mana and ends when it reaches 100% mana.
- Channels Evocation, greatly increasing damage taken while regenerating mana.
- Does not melee attack, use abilities, or summon Astral Flares.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed if Astral Flares get out of control
- Other things to watch for
- Both tanks will be taking significant damage throughout the encounter, especially during Enrage.
- If mana permits, you can help damage The Curator during stage two.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for the The Curator in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.