This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Servants' Quarters in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
The Servants' Quarters includes one of three random encounters, detailed below. To make a boss spawn, most trash in the Servants' Quarters area must be killed.
Hyakiss the Lurker
- Begins Stealthed.
- Dispel Hyakiss' Web (magic) to remove the stun effect.
- This will lead to a temporary threat drop if the tank is affected.
- Dispel Acidic Fang (poison) to remove the reduced armor and damage over time effect.
Rokad the Ravager
- The tanks will be dealing with Ravage, dealing light damage over time.
Shadikith the Glider
- Don't stand in front to avoid Wing Buffet.
- This resets the threat of the current tank, likely forcing a tank switch.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Sonic Boom (dispel, magic).
- Charges the furthest away player with Dive, stunning them and fearing all players within X-yards**.
- **Once fight logs are available I need to check the actual fear spell ID and effect radius.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to keep the tanks alive
- as-needed to recover from a bad Dive
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
- Rokad the Ravager deals heavier than usual damage to the tanks.
Debuffs to Track
- Hyakiss' Web (dispel, magic) should be dispelled immediately.
- Acidic Fang (dispel, poison) should be dispelled before the number of stacks get too high.
- Sonic Boom (dispel, magic) should be dispelled immediately from healers and caster DPS.
- Ravage causes the tanks to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Servants' Quarters in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
There are currently no DBM options for Servants' Quarters. If that changes, I'll update this section.