This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Maiden of Virtue in Karazhan in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Stay at least 10-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from Holy Wrath.
- Avoid the Holy Ground patches left beneath Maiden.
- Just before Repentance finishes casting, briefly stand in a Holy Ground patch to break the incapacitating effect.
- Targets random players with Holy Fire (dispel, magic), dealing moderate damage and then light damage over time.
- After 10 minutes, goes Berserk, greatly increasing attack speed and damage dealt.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Other things to watch for
- Make sure players are near full health before Repentance as they'll need to survive a moderate to heavy amount of damage.
Debuffs to Track
- Holy Fire (dispel, magic) should be dispelled as soon as possible.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Maiden of Virtue in Karazhan. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.